“We don’t have a strategy yet.”
—President Barack Obama, responding to a question regarding the military response to ISIS in Iraq and Stria.
But hey, there’s no rush!
I don’t enjoy beating dead horses, I don’t like using Ethics Alarms to pile on, and I try not to say I told you so. However, if you were looking for a statement that constitutes signature significance of this man’s complete lack of fitness to serve as a leader of anything more complicated or important than a Rotary Chapter, this is it. Let’s see:
- It is an admission of inattention to duty.
- It is a confession of incompetence.
- Coming on the heels of studied disengagement via fundraisers and golfing, it is proof of neglect.
- In the context of Obama’s reported focus on illegal immigration and climate change, it demonstrates warped priorities
- It is frightening, and
- Even if true, this is an irresponsible thing to say in public if you want to be taken seriously as Commander-in-Chief and as a world leader.
It is depressing to read the comments of desperate Democratic Obama enablers on various websites. One said, “You don’t reveal to your enemy that you have a strategy!” No, you utter fool, you don’t reveal to your enemy what your strategy is. (Obama has done this too, in Iraq and Afghanistan.) If you believe world leaders benefit by acting as if they just walked off the street with no clue what they are doing, perhaps Obama’s next brilliant ploy should be to appear wearing a propeller beanie and speak like stroke victim. That should really fool ‘em!