I must say, this is the sort of thing that makes the heart of an ethicist, or at least this ethicist’s, swell with joy as the strains of “Ah, Sweet Mystery of Life At Last I Found You!” take control of his brain, and the song bursts, full-blown and soaring, from his lips…You’ll have to excuse me…
Glenn Kessler’s “Fact Checker” column in today’s Sunday Post is a cornucopia of wonderful topics, including…
- The dishonest conduct of media “fact-checkers” in using their columns not to dispute facts but to take issue with opinions, usually on partisan grounds, with which they disagree.
- The misuse of “lies” and “lying” to describe either mistakes or opinions, neither of which are lies.
- People who lie themselves while accusing others of lies.
- Fact-checkers who misstate facts while accusing others of misstating facts.
- The common misunderstanding that “consent” makes a boss’s sexual relationship with his or her subordinate ethically acceptable.
- Rand Paul!
- Bill Clinton!
- Rand Paul attacking Bill Clinton!
- ANYONE defending Bill Clinton’s conduct involving Monica Lewinsky.
- The news media’s already evident intent to defend against all attacks, direct or oblique, on the liberal establishment’s choice for President in 2016, Hillary “The First Enabler” Clinton.
It just doesn’t get much better than this.
Let us begin with the root of Kessler’s column and his inspiration, this statement by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky): Continue reading