Twitter has been on a banning binge, including the President of the United States, and it chooses now to grandstand about open internet principles?Forget hypocrisy; this is closer to satire. What’s going on here?
- Twitter Public Policy missed a crucial memo.
- Some rogue intern is trying to make Twitter look ridiculous.
- Twitter is gaslighting us.
- The company is incompetent.
- The company thought it would be funny to post a misleading tweet that would, under its own policy would mandate suspending Twitter’s account.
- It literally believes that Donald Trump is an exception to all standards and principles.
- Emulating the President it just helped elect, it has concluded that the American public only pays attention to what you say, not what you do.