Let’s see what revoltin’ developments we have accumulated, shall we? But first, some positive news…
1. Bernie Madoff has died in prison. Good. If there was ever a case for using capitol punishment for crimes other than murder and treason, Bernie is it. He was convicted of orchestrating the biggest Ponzi scheme in American history and was serving a 150-year sentence that he managed to escape by dying in prison of natural causes at age 82. He was a stone-cold sociopath who destroyed his family, foundations, charities and lives, all out of greed. On the plus side, his exploits did spawn two excellent dramatic portrayals, one by Robert De Niro and the other by Richard Dreyfuss. I liked Richard’s better, but after his disgusting conduct during the Trump years, Robert is permanently unwelcome to my eyeballs.
So much for the good news…
2. Don’t tell me again how poor Pete Rose deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Pete was the second Ethics Dunce of them all, way back in 2004, here. Knowing well that baseball had an iron-clad, one strike and you’re out forever rule forbidding players, coaches and managers from betting on games, he did it anyway (as a manager) because, see, he is Pete Rose, and the rules don’t apply to him, but mostly because he’s an idiot. So he got banned from the game and the Hall of Fame despite being the all-time hit leader, ahead of Ty Cobb. He’s a walking, talking ethics corrupter, prompting fans and writers to resort to rationalizations to explain why he should be forgiven.
Now we have this:
“LAS VEGAS – UpickTrade.com, the long term strategy and money management sports recommendation service, announced today that all-time great Major League Baseball legend Pete Rose will become an ambassador for the service and provide his exclusive daily baseball picks for subscribers throughout the 2021 season…“We are thrilled to partner with Pete Rose, perhaps the greatest baseball player who ever lived, to provide our UPickTrade.com subscribers with exclusive and valuable content,” said Carlos Lazo, the CEO of UPickTrade.com and XOY Capital of Guadalajara, México. “There are very few if any people in the world who know more about baseball than Pete Rose so his deep knowledge of the game and his experiences in gambling will blend well with our unique UPickTrade.com sports betting strategies and algorithms.”
“His experiences in gambling.” Got it. This is actually funny, because even though Rose knows baseball as well as anyone alive, he was a terrible gambler, and lost money while he was breaking the game’s most unbreakable rule.
3. John Cleese’s “Gazinga”! Somehow I didn’t post an intended Great Stupid comment after actor Hank Azaria recently virtue-signalled a desire “to go to every single Indian person in this country and personally apologize” for his funny and deft vocal work as Apu, the Indian character in “The Simpsons.” The foolishness of “The Simpsons” and its cast groveling to this “antiracist” insanity was discussed here before this particular sacrifice to wokeness became an epidemic.
A bit earlier, the show announced that Dr. Hibbard, the family’s black doctor, would no longer be voiced by Harry Shearer, because Harry is white. A white actor doing a black animated character’s voice is racist, but a black actor doing a white character’s voice is inclusion and praise-worthy non-traditional casting. Shearer, at times a vocal progressive, lost a job he had performed well for decades because he was white. That’s anti-racism!
In response to Azaria’s grovel, John Cleese, the Monty Python icon, tweeted [Pointer: Monkey Boy] ,
4. On the CNN “confession.” The latest Project Veritas sting video caught CNN Technical Director Charlie Chester claiming that his network used “propaganda” in an effort to ensure that President Donald Trump lost the 2020 election, and stating that the network created at least one story that was “all speculation” in order to defeat the President. Chester said on camera, “Look what we did, we got Trump out! I am 100% going to say it, and I 100% believe that if it wasn’t for CNN, I don’t know that Trump would have got voted out. I came to CNN because I wanted to be a part of that.”
What does this mean, other than proving that Charlie is an asshole?
- It’s still unethical to do what Project Veritas does. Since the group is unethical, even its scoops can’t be trusted. They can’t be ignored either, and yet that’s how the mainstream media, except Fox, is treating this story.
- Strictly speaking, this isn’t even news. Of course CNN broadcasts propaganda. Of course it deliberately tried to undermine President Trump. The only ones who didn’t know this years ago are your most Trump-Deranged and dim-witted Facebook friends. As for the smart ones who deny it, they are liars. It’s that simple.
- I do not believe that CNN was trusted sufficiently by any American inclined to vote for President Trump for its screamingly obvious bias to change the results of the election. Chester is a chest-thumping fool. He is also, however a fick, the Ethics Alarms term for someone who admits to being unethical and is proud of it.
- The episode is relevant to the news media claim, which I read or hear literally every day still, that Trump’s assertion that the election was stolen was and is “false.” Chester’s description sounds, at the very least, like attempted theft, and it is the position of Ethics Alarms that whether you use “stolen,” “fixed” or “rigged,” the mainstream media’s manipulation of its reporting to help Biden and hurt Trump is sufficiently clear that the media’s constant “false” chorus cannot be accepted as anything but a tactic of diversion.
5. And when appointing people for their skin color and gender is your only priority, this is what you get…President Biden’s U.N. Ambassador, Linda Thomas-Greenfield, told Al Sharpton’s National Action Network that “the original sin of slavery weaved white supremacy into our founding documents and principles…I remain hopeful in part because of the influence and the insistence of organizations like yours. Just look at the way [the] Black Lives Matter movement spread this past summer.”
Yeah, just look! Will any reporter ask Jen Psaki to explain and defend this anti-American, racist propaganda from the representative of our nation at the U.N.?
Is that five items already? Ugh. There’s so much more…