Rebel journalist Sharyl Attkisson engaged pollster Scott Rasmussen to measure public attitudes about the political news media. His results, which he discussed on her show, “Full Measure”:
- 78% of voters say that journalists use their media platforms to promote their own agendas.
- 14% think that journalists fairly report what the news.
- Focusing only on national news reporters, 57% of those polled said reporters slant their output to advance their own political agendas,
- Only 26% of those polled believe that national reporters restrict themselves to the facts.
- 52% believe the problem has become worse compared to five years ago.
- 42% of Americans believe national political news coverage is inaccurate and unreliable, while less— 38%—believe it’s accurate and reliable.
- 36% of voters believe that a journalist would fairly report facts that would hurt their favorite candidate.
Observations: Continue reading