Count the dishonest, idiotic, misleading, unethical statements in this jaw-dropping interview exchange. I count eight. I may have missed one or two, because I was vomiting by the end:
REPORTER: Since the IRS happened on President Obama’s watch, how much of a hit — or do you think at all Democrats will take a hit on the IRS in the 2014 midterms?
REP. NANCY PELOSI: Well, you said it happened under his watch. (1) It happened under the appointment of the head of the IRS, who was appointed by President Bush. His length of stay extended into President Obama’s stay. I think that points to the fact — (2) why is this a politicized issue? We all are concerned about how the IRS does what it’s supposed to do but does not do it in a selective way. I said before what they did was wrong. The Inspector General has said over and over(3) it is not illegal. The committee wants to challenge the Inspector General on his findings, so that will unfold. But again (4) the IRS is an independent agency. (????) So the inference to be drawn happened on his watch is that it happened on his watch the way some other cabinet agency of government would. (5) No, this is an independent agency is headed up by a Bush appointee. What they did was wrong. We have to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Selective review. We don’t like it on our side or their side. It has no place.
REPORTER: Doesn’t the buck stop with him? Should he have known about these things but he said he didn’t know about any of this?
PELOSI: (6)The president doesn’t know about everything that is going in every agency in government. (7.) Should Mr. Boehner have known because this is the neighborhood in Cincinnati where the IRS office is. I don’t think you can hold him accountable for what happened in that IRS office. (8.) I think that obviously the public will make its decision about it but that’s it. It’s a Bush appointee, under his leadership this happened. It was wrong. Let’s make sure it doesn’t happen again.
And may I say, with all due restraint, what an unethical woman, awful public servant, disgraceful American, pathetic Representative and despicable human being Nancy Pelosi is, as that outrageous sequence indicates.
1. Of course the I.R.S. scandal occurred on Obama’s watch. Who appointed Doug Shulman is irrelevant once a new Administration is in place and he reports to and is supervised by that leadership. Of course. If he is inadequate by the assessment of the current leadership, it is his duty to replace him. If he doesn’t, he—that is, the President— is 100%—100%!—responsible for his performance, and the previous administration shares none at all. Pelosi either knows this, and is lying, or doesn’t, and is too stupid to manage a lemonade stand. From years of observing her, I sincerely believe she is both.
2. Why is this a politicized issue? Could it be because the I.R.S. began specifically targeting conservative groups immediately after the 2010 election, blocking their ability to raise funds and participate meaningfully in opposing President Obama’s policies and re-election? Could it be that the activity was known about by high Obama officials and meticulously kept from Congress and the public in the months leading up to a closely contested election? The question is an insult to the public’s intelligence or, again, an indictment of this pathetic and virulently partisan public servant’s intellect and ability to perceive reality.
3. There is no question that confidential information was leaked by the I.R.S. to ProPublica, and that was probably illegal.
4. The I.R.S. is NOT, repeat NOT, an “independent agency.” The President cannot remove the head of independent agencies. The I.R.S. is an agency under the Treasury Department, and the head of it serves at the President’s pleasure. This ridiculous excuse for a Congresswoman was Speaker of the House, and she doesn’t know that?
????? “So the inference to be drawn happened on his watch is that it happened on his watch the way some other cabinet agency of government would.” Keep babbling, Nancy, maybe they’ll forget what the question was.
5. Stop saying that the I.R.S. is an independent agency, because it is not, and you are making the American public ignorant and stupid! And stop saying it was headed by a Bush appointee as if a) that relieves the President of his obligation to make sure the person in such an important position within his Administration is trustworthy b) his hands are tied if the person is not doing an acceptable job and 3) there is any organization anywhere on earth in which a employee who is retained by a successor supervisor continues to be deemed the responsibility of the departed supervisor.
6. The President should damn well know when his tax collecting agency is engaged in blatantly political and unconstitutional activity, especially prior to an election, when his Chief of Staff and lawyer knows. Everything, no. Important things, absolutely yes.
7. Nancy Pelosi, you are an idiot. Speaker Boehner does not supervise the I.R.S. He is, like you, in the Legislative Branch of the government, and the I.R.S. is part of the Executive Branch, which the President of the United States is responsible for overseeing. And any Californian who votes for a lying, ignorant villain like you ought to be spat upon in the public square.
8. “It’s a Bush appointee, under his leadership this happened.” Yes, this miserable excuse for a national leader now is saying that President Bush is still responsible for overseeing employees of the Federal Government even when he is out of office.
I’m sorry. I really try to maintain composure, moderation and reserve, even when conduct is so revolting that it makes my colon twist in shapes a pretzel would fear. But this is too much to bear. Pelosi is a one-woman walking indictment of everything that is wrong with our government and our politics. She is shameless and without ethics. She is willing to say anything, no matter how untrue or absurd, to further what she sees as her agenda. She is a dimwit, yet she holds and wields considerable influence and power. She does not understand management, basic organizational principles, or the government she has worked in for years, and has not bothered to educate herself in all that time. She was once third in line for the Presidency, yet she has nothing to offer but gibberish and lies. And her knee-jerk liberal district would continue to vote for her even if she was proven to be a cannibal or an emissary from Hell.
Go ahead. Anyone. Defend this.
Tell me it’s not really so bad.
I dare you.