“Those of us who have known Donna a long time, know that she is a person of integrity and she is a person of high character.”
—-White House spokesman Josh Earnest, responding to a press briefing question about whether DNC chair Donna Brazile, revealed to have unethically used her CNN connection to acquire questions to be posed to Hillary Clinton in a town meeting and a televised debate, and to have passed them along to the candidate, who then pretended to answer them spontaneously.
Thus we now know what the President, his spokesman and Democrats officially regard as “integrity” and “high character.”
To be fair, cheating to advance the perceived interests of the Democratic Party, so it’s OK….ends justify the means, and all that, you know. Integrity.
Here was Earnest’s entire statement:
“The President believes that she has done a fine job stepping in a very difficult situation to lead the Democratic party. Those of us who’ve known Donna a long time know that she is a person of integrity and a person of high character. She is a true professional who is a tenacious and effective advocate for Democrats. She uses that skill regularly on television, she has been using that skill regularly as a party official, and I for one am pretty excited about the fact that we’ve got her on our team.”
- “Fine job” means betraying the ethical standards of another organization to give a secret and unethical advantage to one Democratic candidate over another.
- The “difficult situation” was the previous DNC head being exposed as rigging the nomination process to favor Hillary Clinton, and having to resign. But that happened during the convention, so evidence that Brazile was also unethically giving under-the-table assistance to Clinton is no big deal now.
- To these Democrats, exploiting a conflict of interest for political gain and assisting in deceiving the public while allowing a candidate to cheat during a debate is consistent with having integrity and high character. Let’s make sure we teach that to the kids.
- They admire the fact that she used her position on television to advance the interests of her party, even though it was an abuse of her understanding with CNN, an objective never communicated to viewers, and defiance of journalism ethics, harming her other employer, CNN.
- Democrats aren’t even pretending to care about right and wrong any more…just winning.
I guess that should have been clear when they nominated Hillary Clinton.
Brazile issued a statement after CNN severed all ties with her yesterday. It contained no semblance of an apology, and why would it? She’s not sorry. After all, she’s a woman of integrity and high character, at least by Democratic Party standards.