Yes, it’s really this bad: a prominent liberal and Democrat qualifies as an Ethics Hero because he’s willing to give Donald Trump a chance.
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates told CNBC this morning that after speaking with the President Elect, he believes that Donald Trump has an opportunity to establish “American leadership through innovation,” Trump’s fellow billionaire told “Squawk Box”:
“A lot of his message has been about … where he sees things not as good as he’d like…But in the same way President Kennedy talked about the space mission and got the country behind that, I think whether it’s education or stopping epidemics … [or] in this energy space, there can be a very upbeat message that [Trump’s] administration [is] going to organize things, get rid of regulatory barriers, and have American leadership through innovation….Of course, my whole career has been along those lines. And he was interested in listening to that. And I’m sure there will be further conversation.”
What could possibly prompt Gates to keep his head while all around him are losing theirs and blaming it on Trump? I see six possibilities:
1. It might be because he has an open mind. Inventive geniuses are like that, I’ve heard.
2. It could be that since Gates is a billionaire, he isn’t naturally biased against other billionaires.
3. Or maybe all billionaires are evil, as Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren tell us, and Trump just recruited Gates into his scheme to use the Presidency to become a gazillionaire…
4. It could be that having actually met and talked to Trump, and he didn’t try to eat Gates’ head, set him on fire, or enlist him into a plot with Russia and the KKK to take over the world, he discovered that Trump’s actually thinking about ways to make the United States better, and isn’t the evil monster Democrats feel is such an existential threat that it justifies them trying to throw the nation into a Constitutional crisis! I admit, this is a longshot…
5. Maybe Trump actually impressed the Microsoft genius, and he found himself thinking, “Gee, this guy is a lot smarter than I’d been led to believe. He might do a good job after all!”
6. Then again, it might be because Gates is a misogynist, racist, xenophobic moron. That’s probably it.