“I had a little bit to drink maybe that’s the reason that I couldn’t walk away but being discriminated for so many times in my life, I just had to stand up for myself. He’s not a victim. I am the victim. I have been bullied, OK?”
—-Brazilian immigrant Rosaine Santos, upon her arrest for assaulting a male customer patron at a Casa Vallarta, a Mexican restaurant in Cape Cod who was wearing a “Make America Great Again” cap.
Santos attacked a man for wearing a MAGA hat, and was charged with disorderly conduct, assault and battery. She was upset that 23-year-old Bryton Turner was wearing the Trump campaign hat at a Mexican eatery.
Turner was just eating quietly when Santos started yelling at him. He pulled out his phone and started recording her. The video shows Santos is hitting his hat off his head. As police escorted Santos out of the restaurant, she took another swipe at Turner. She told police that Turner should not be allowed to eat at a Mexican restaurant because of his support for President Donald Trump.
What an asshole.
- “The resistance,” the news media and the purveyors of the vile”Big Lie” that Donald Trump and his supporters, and by extension Republicans, are racists and xenophobes are 100% responsible for these increasingly frequent attacks, as well as such episodes as the Jussie Smollett hoax.
In a more general sense, Barack Obama and Democrats are responsible, for laying the foundation for the Big Lie from 2008-2016., with their divisive and destructive tactic of demonizing all political opponents and critics as motivated by bigotry.
- I have said before that the MAGA cap slur, repeated by mindless and gullible Trump-haters as well as by Machiavellian partisans and journalists, will eventually get someone killed. Every statement comparing the cap to a KKK hood or Nazi emblem will bring that tragedy closer to reality.
Bet on it.
- These attacks, and the Smollett hoax, are hate crimes if anything is. Because they are motivated by hate for about one half of the population, they aren’t charged as hate crimes.
This is one more example of how the whole hate crime concept is an effort to create a hierarchy of victims, and has nothing whatsoever to do with justice.
- How do we categorize the logic that someone who regards herself as a victim is justified in attacking a complete stranger? What kind of warped upbringing, education and peer group influence produces such an anti-ethical delusion?
Her logic is exactly the logic of the Final Solution as practiced by Nazi Germany. How ironic, then that it is people like this deranged woman who call Trump supporters Nazis.
- If it were not so late at night, if I were not so disgusted and depressed with these stories, and if I was in a whimsical mood, which I am not, I might amuse myself by listing arguments similar in battiness to “people who don’t support illegal immigration from Mexico shouldn’t be allowed to eat in Mexican restaurants.” I guess this principle would also extend to Taco Bell.
Feel free to submit your own. OK, I’ll get you started: “No one who supports the Green New Deal should be allowed to watch “Airplane!”