I know this is too stupid to even comment on, but since my mind is still very much on my recently departed Jack Russell Terrier Rugby, and because this tweet really meets the definition of racist, unlike some other recent tweets being labelled as such, I won’t resist posting on it. I could resist, but I won’t.
Here’s the tweet:
What an idiot. Also…
- Twitter hasn’t suspended the account.
- Nobody who has actually owned a dog would ever analogize the relationship to slavery.
- Nobody who thought for twenty seconds before tweeting this would make that analogy either.
- What about all the African-Americans who own dogs? Oh, right: slavery was practiced by African tribes too. I guess that explains it.
- Human Events Managing Editor Ian Miles Cheong tweeted back, “Listen, I just wanted to thank you for driving more people towards the right.Trump wouldn’t be president without people like you.”
All right, that’s enough stupidity for one day. Between the anti-manspreading chair and this, I’m way over my limit.