[I may have more of these as the day goes on, before the riots start.]
1. I just heard a notable radio ad “approved” by Joe Biden. An African-American male voice [Aside: I was once told that identifying a voice as African-America was racist. Can you guess my response to this?] talked about voter suppression—poll taxes, literacy tests, terrorism and intimidation. “They” are up to the same “old tricks,” we are told. Then came a montage of sound clips, one of which was from an unidentified news source stating that “President Trump continues to oppose mail-in voting.” Then the voice says, “Be sure to vote. Not because I want you to, but because HE wants you not to.”
Biden approving this despicable message would have been enough, all by itself, to convince me that he is a liar and a cheat. Every American can go to a polling place and vote if they care enough. Requiring them to prove they are citizens and voting on their own behalf is not “suppression,” and opposing mail-in ballots that are an obvious invitation to voter fraud.
The ad is hate-mongering and a disgusting use of Big Lie #4: “Trump Is A Racist/White Supremacist. ”
This does seem to be the latest strategy to send the Deranged, the Marxists, the antifa, the anarchists and the Black Lives Matter mob into the streets if the President wins. Playing his part, the House Majority Whip, Rep. James Cliburn (D-S.C.) told Fox News over the weekend that the only way Democrat Joe Biden could lose the election would be “for voter suppression to be successful.”
Clyburn also evoked Big Lie #4, and said that he would “pray” for blacks who voted for Trump. I give him credit for originality: when asked why such a vote was apparently worthy of damnation, Clyburn did not immediately jump to Trump’s birther period, which is usually the best anyone challenged to show the President’s alleges racism can come up with. No, he cited…Omarosa!
“I’m the father of three black women. I am the son of a black woman. If any black man can go in a polling place and cast a vote for a man who referred to a black woman as a dog on national television, I’m going to have to pray for them. I will have to pray for them. I don’t know of any man [who] can abide that kind of disrespect and insult,” the habitually race-baiting Representative said. Huh? I had to look it up. Yes, the President called his former “Apprentice” villain a “dog” after she turned on him—as he should have known she would do—and published a tell-all book after being fired from a White House position that he was a fool to appoint her to in the first place. Of course, Trump has called others he was displeased with “a dog,” and uses the insult on all races and genders. It’s not Presidential and it’s not civil; it’s also not evidence of racism, but if that’s the best Clyburn had to flog the narrative, I guess he was stuck with it.
Then we have this, from the Attorney General of Pennsylvania:
Res ipsa loquitur.
2. More stories are emerging of family members and friends using emotional blackmail to bend those who don’t feel like voting for Joe Biden and his totalitarian-trending party to their will. Reuters has a story that begins,
“When lifelong Democrat Mayra Gomez told her 21-year-old son five months ago that she was voting for Donald Trump in Tuesday’s presidential election, he cut her out of his life. “He specifically told me, ‘You are no longer my mother, because you are voting for Trump’,” Gomez, 41, a personal care worker in Milwaukee, told Reuters. Their last conversation was so bitter that she is not sure they can reconcile, even if Trump loses his re-election bid.
“The damage is done. In people’s minds, Trump is a monster. It’s sad. There are people not talking to me anymore, and I’m not sure that will change,” said Gomez, who is a fan of Trump’s crackdown on illegal immigrants and handling of the economy….”
Gee, why did you raise your son to be such an asshole, Maria? Another question I would direct elsewhere: Can anyone point me to Trump voters who have tried this unethical tactic (which has been used on me by Democrats among my family and friend)s? Trying to persuade friends and loved ones to vote for one’s preferred candidate is a democratic tradition; holding a metaphorical gun to their heads and threatening to hate them forever is un-American,wrong, but consistent with the new progressive approach of succeeding by intimidation, if not outright violence.
This is not, as Reuters, a loyal member of the AUC, suggests, the fault of Donald Trump, but of those who cast him and his supporters as evil and stupid—I think “deplorable” would be an apt word, for some reason. It just popped into my head.
Reuters continued to bias and misinform its readers in the rest of the article. How about this passage?
Throughout his nearly four-year norm-smashing presidency, Trump has stirred strong emotions among both supporters and opponents. Many of his backers admire his moves to overhaul immigration, his appointment of conservative judges, his willingness to throw convention to the wind and his harsh rhetoric, which they call straight talk.
Democrats and other critics see the former real estate developer and reality show personality as a threat to American democracy, a serial liar and a racist who mismanaged the novel coronavirus pandemic that has killed more than 230,000 people in the United States so far. Trump dismisses those characterizations as “fake news.”
Now, with Trump trailing Biden in opinion polls, people are beginning to ask whether the fractures caused by one of the most polarizing presidencies in U.S. history could be healed if Trump loses the election.
This is a sparkling example of what the biased news media calls “balance”:
- No, most of Trump’s supporters do NOT approve of his harsh rhetoric.
- Hello, Big Lie #6: “Trump’s Defiance Of Norms Is A Threat To Democracy”! His opponents have broken “norms” that I would not have thought anyone would dare breach in their effort to undermine and destroy his Presidency, beginning with trying to hijack the Electoral College, impeaching him for typical Presidential pressuring of foreign governments for legitimate purposes, attempting to frame him in a contrived investigation, and the Speaker of the House openly insulting him during the State of the Union, to mention just a sampling…, but Trump is the “norm-smasher.”
- And look! There’s Big Lie #1. “Trump is just a reality TV star”! Did Reuters, after four years of his Presidency, ever refer to Barack Obama as “the former community organizer and college pot-head?” No, it didn’t (I checked).
- Those characterizations are fake news, even the endlessly repeated serial liar trope, which has been dishonestly exaggerated by the media and Democrats by installing a broad definition of lie that would make nearly every politician a “serial liar.” But Reuters did get Big Lie #9 into its story, and that is unequivocal fake news.
- About those “opinion polls”…“some,” “many,” “most” would all be acceptable adjectives in the Reuters piece. Instead, Reuters implies all opinion polls show the President trailing Biden, and that is untrue as well as misleading.
3. CNN’s Wolf Blitzer is none too bright, so this tweeted sentiment from him evokes Hanlon’s Razor:
I never thought I would see so many buildings here in the nation’s capital boarded-up on the eve of a presidential election in anticipation of possible unrest. And it’s not just in DC. It’s happening in New York, Los Angeles and elsewhere around the country. So sad!
His network has been cheerleading for rioters since June, and using Orwellian reporting to suggest that violence is an appropriate response to events one strongly disapproves of. Remember this?
As for Washington D.C., this is where Black Lives Matter slogans have been painted on the streets by the city’s mayor, and where BLM mobs were allowed to harass and intimidate diners without consequences. Over at Victory Girls, there were harsh words for Wolf and his ‘narrative,” all deserved:
Here’s a question that I dearly wish someone would ask Wolf Blitzer, or any other mainstream media figure. Do you REALLY think that all of this violence will magically end if Joe Biden gets elected? After all, the cities that have been trashed and burned have been mostly Democrat-run cities. How does electing Biden fix that? The real answer is that it doesn’t. But it will make those Democrats FEEL better about themselves, because the Orange Man is So Bad, so now they might let the police in these besieged cities arrest those who are smashing things, because the children must be told “no” now that their preferred candidate will be in charge. This would be akin to telling a child how naughty they were after you gave them a cookie for punching their sibling in the face. In other words, it won’t work.
If the heckler’s veto wins, do you think the radical left will be satisfied, or emboldened? Do you think Biden can control the radical left wing? *snort* Do you really think Kamala Harris’s running mate will be able to put that genie back in the bottle?
And if Donald Trump wins, will elected Democrats lift a finger to stop the destruction?
If you know the answer to that question, then you know why the Democrats deserve to lose. And someone should try and explain it, in small words, to Wolf Blitzer.