1. What a surprise! Cheating works! Since Major League Baseball decided to enforce its 100 year old rule against doctoring the baseball as pitchers had recently begun using glue to let them throw faster and snap off devastating curve balls, the results have been obvious and significant. In a month since umpires were directed to check, the MLB batting average has gone up by seven points (it was at a record low before the enforcement). Scoring has increased, and several pitchers rumored to be dependent of “the sticky stuff,” notably Yankee All-Star Gerrit Cole, have been hit hard in recent starts. This is because, of the 35 pitchers with the highest four-seam spin rate on June 3, 33 of them saw a decline in spin rate since then by an average drop of 96 RPMs. Consequently, batters aren’t striking out as often.
2. Please clarify: Should I apply the Julie Principle to Maxine Waters? We know she’s an idiot, ignorant, partisan to the point of poisoning democracy and a race-baiting, hateful blight on Congress, her party, the nation and homo sapiens generally. Is there anything accomplished by complaining about Waters acting like Waters, since she’s obviously not going to change? [You can refresh your understanding of the Julie Principle here.] Water was in fine, typical form over the Independence day weekend, blathering as only a fool like her could,
“July 4th … & so, the Declaration of Independence says all men are created equal,” Waters began. “Equal to what? What men? Only white men? Isn’t it something that they wrote this in 1776 when African Americans were enslaved? They weren’t thinking about us then, but we’re thinking about us now!”
Of course, we know that “they” were thinking about black slaves a great deal, as anyone who reads about the debate over the Declaration in the Continental Congress knows. But why should a senior Congresswoman know anything about the founding of the nation? Maxine continued,
“Further, the Dec. of Ind. says we hold these truths to be “self-evident”… yet:
– 17 states have enacted voter suppression laws
– Supreme Court gutted Sec. 5 of the Voting Rights Act
– George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Michael Brown, Sandra Bland, Tamir Rice
Need I say more? #July4”
No, actually, Maxine, you didn’t even need to say that: we already knew you were a blathering, hateful dummy. But just to clarify:
- Laws that are intended to ensure the integrity of elections are not “voter suppression laws”
- The Supreme Court confirmed that the Federal Government should not meddle in state matters except for demonstrable evidence of racial bias, and since the standards in Sec. 5 of the Voting Rights Act were based on the conduct of Southern states through 1964 only (that’s 57 years ago) and thus did not reflect any reforms, changes or improvement, making the law out of date, SCOTUS quite correctly demanded new data and Congressional update. Get to work.
- There is literally zero evidence that George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Michael Brown, Sandra Bland, or Tamir Rice met their unfortunate fates because of racial bias.
Or is it silly even to pay attention to Waters’ incurable bile?
3. Calling Frank Drebbin!
The University of Pennsylvania gifted then unemployed Joe Biden with the position created just for him of “Benjamin Franklin Presidential Practice Professor,” a risible name on its face since Ben Franklin knew literally nothing about “Presidential practice.” The job didn’t require Biden to teach or do anything, really, but to make various appearances on campus, mostly for fund-raising events. For this back-breaking labor, Biden collected $371,159 in 2017 and $540,484 in 2018 before quitting to run for President.
Now Penn President Amy Gutmann, who made the sweetheart deal with Biden, is expected to be announced as his nominee for the prestige post of Ambassador to Germany. [Pointer and Facts: College Fix]
4. Of course she did! The character and agenda of proven anti-America fantasist Nikole Hannah-Jones should never have been in doubt, so this is to be expected. After helping to thoroughly embarrass the University of North Carolina (which was doing a good job by itself) after it offered her a tenured professorship she had no qualifications to fill, withdrew it, and offered it again, the inventor of the fake-history advancing “1619 Project” has now rejected UNC to take a tenured professorship at Howard University, where she will hold the first Knight Chair in Race and Journalism at Howard University. There she will join other anti-white propagandists like writer Ta-Nehisi Coates in the job of indoctrinating young African Americans into hating whites, their nation, and its values.
Just to clarify: like the other “traditionally black colleges and universities,” Howard’s very existence as a black institution today embodies racial discrimination and apartheid, which was what such schools were founded to combat. A white school with Howard’s demographics, but in reverse, would be condemned a self-evidently racist. [Pointer: Monkey Boy]