1. Dave Roberts did indeed get a standing ovation from the Boston fans when he was introduced in the pre-game ceremonies. As I promised…
2. Another family has written an attack letter against a member running for office. This is the second instance of this ugly campaign tactic this election cycle. I don’t care what party is involved, or who the candidates are. Amy family members who would do this are contemptible. The Laxalt family members, the culprits this time, even wrote that they didn’t know their target very well. If they don’t know him, why do their opinions matter? Have they no decency? Has no one any decency?
3. I thought my left-wing echo-chamber addled Facebook friends were kidding when they suggested that President Trump and the Republicans were paying for the herd of illegal aliens marching on our borders. No, apparently some progressive pundits and journalists are actually claiming this, with a Blasey Ford level of evidence. You know, none. So illegal immigrants, encouraged by open-borders rhetoric from American progressives, Democrats and the biased news media, set out to force themselves past our laws and borders, and because this display risks enlightening the public about just how irresponsible and dangerous the left’s romanticized fantasy about illegal immigration is, they are denying that it’s real, and blaming it on Trump. Amazing.
4. Now here’s a campaign controversy you don’t see very often: the Democratic candidate for the Minnesota State legislature may have married her brother. I might argue that such incest is not necessarily relevant to her qualifications as a legislature, except that there is evidence that the marriage was a factor in possible immigration fraud and student loan fraud.
5. Note the tone of the Daily News story about what appears to be blatant female on on male sexual harassment in a police precinct. The tone signals that this is cute, or funny, or no big deal. Althouse, who flagged this, notates…
Sources said Guerra has a salty reputation among her colleagues and has been known to joke about the size of her subordinates’ manhoods.
Salty? Imagine using that word to describe a male in the workplace who used verbal and physical harassment?
“She is a piece of work,” one source said. “She is always emasculating men and commenting on the size of their anatomy. She’s a bullying man-hater.”...Guerra wasn’t trying to gag the detective — just rub his nose in it a little, the source said. “She just put it up to his nose,” the source said, chalking up the incident to “exaggerated squad room banter.”
Again, imagine if the sexes were reversed.
Guerra is the squad room’s second-in-command and is responsible for approving overtime and changing detectives’ shifts….
He’s a subordinate employee.
In addition to the alleged panty raid on his face, Falcon claimed Guerra had repeatedly denied his shift-change requests so he could make court custody hearings about his autistic son, sources who have seen the document said…
“Panty raid on his face”…
As I wrote in the previous post, if #MeToo doesn’t establish itself as equally applicable to both genders, it will fail.
UPDATE (12:08 am]: The Sox win, 8-4.