1. Senator Klobuchar eliminated the “none of the above” option from Democratic primary voters by dropping out today. This makes little sense: she’s dropping out because Biden won in South Carolina, where he was expected to win all along? Then she endorsed Joe Biden, which is irresponsible. Biden is a slowly devolving wreck, and every member of the Democratic Party has an obligation to at least try to present a mentally capable candidate for the public to consider. At his current rate of decline (let’s see, not to complain, just to be up-to-date, what did he say today? Nope, nothing, He must have been resting),
UPDATE! Joe wasn’t resting, so he did have brain synapse issues. From the Washington Examiner (Pointer: 77Zoomie):
2020 Democrat Joe Biden stumbled over his words as he attempted to recite the Declaration of Independence ahead of Super Tuesday. “We hold these truths to be self-evident,” the former vice president said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. “All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing”….he also accidentally referred to Super Tuesday as “Super Thursday” before correcting himself.
Joe will be a walking, babbling appeal to the 25th Amendment before November rolls around.
Ah-HA! Could that be why Amy endorsed him? Biden’s Vice-President choice will be scrutinized more carefully than any #2 since Richard Nixon in 1956 when Ike was running for a second term following a heart attack. (My wife asked today what Mrs. Biden was like, referencing Mrs. Wilson secretly taking over for Woodrow after his devastating stroke. Biden presumably has to pick an African American or a woman as his running mate.
Her choice is also a betrayal by the sisterhood of Elizabeth Warren, who is still hanging around, hoping for intervention from The Great Spirit, or something. Biden is a serial sexual harasser and assault master. The feminist, #MeToo wing of the Democratic Party are as hypocritical in its support of Joe as the NAACP is in its support of Michael Jackson imitator Gov. Ralph Northam. In all the debates, neither Warren, nor Klobuchar, nor Kamala Harris, nor even pariah Tulsi Gabbard had the guts and integrity to confront Biden on his dirty old uncle routine. No Democratic woman should endorse Biden; it’s as unethical as cheering Bill Clinton. Oh, right…
The consensus among pundits right now is that Klobuchar’s endorsement signals that the Democratic establishment is desperate to stop Bernie Sanders from getting the nomination. That Joe Biden is their “firewall” tells us just how spectacularly the party has failed its job of finding a competent and trustworthy candidate, just as both parties failed in 2016.
2. Klobuchar’s withdrawal won’t have as much impact on tomorrow’s primaries because so many states allow early voting. This is one more reason early voting is wrong, and should be banned. It deceives voters into making a crucial decision without all the data is in, sometimes rendering votes null and virtuously void.
3. The party of women, minorities and the young somehow has managed to reach the nomination’s final laps with four white candidates, with Senator Warren being the only woman and the relative whippersnapper at 70. Of the remaining three men, one isn’t a Democrat (Sanders), one served in his only significant elected position as a Republican, and the other is relying on his connection to the inexplicably popular Barack Obama, whose failure to endorse him is a neon indictment.
Yikes. Good job, everybody!
4. Coincidentally, a junior high school student hung a Joe Biden door-hanger on the Marshalls’ outside doorknob this morning. You don’t have to be a registered Democrat to vote in tomorrow’s Virginia primary, so I could theoretically engage in Rush Limbaugh’s favorite trick, originally dubbed “Operation Chaos,” and vote for the worst possible Democratic Party nominee. I honestly don’t know who that is. I think that of the remaining four, Elizabeth Warren would be the most responsible vote, and I would voluntarily commit myself to Hell for eternity if I voted for her.
No, I’ll be letting poor, abused, confused registered Democrats puzzle out the unforgivable choice the part has left them on their own.
4. Joe’s door-hanger, which I had to rescue after it blew off into the mud, is instructive. It gives beating Trump top billing over electing Joe on both sides. On the back with all the text, it begins, “If you want to beat Trump, vote for Joe Biden.” As I wrote last month, this is unprecedented in American politics, a campaign in which electing a qualified candidate isn’t the primary raison d’etre, defeating the other candidate is.
This is a strategy based on hate and fearmongering. I find it a repulsive choice, and a bizarre one, though it is obvious that Democrats have spent literally the past three fertilizing the electorate with that approach, mostly by employing the approved Big Lies, but also with the disgusting “We’re doomed with this guy in charge!” tactic that we are seeing again with COVID-19 (okay, no more Caronavirus, though the new name reminds me of Century 21, “Airport ’75” and “Revolution #9.”)
Biden’s campaign door-hanger certainly aims really low. “Trump threatens our core values,” it begins. What would those threatened values be? He’s anti-law breaking, anti-biased, partisan,lying press, anti-abortion, and in favor of opposing parties respecting elections and allowing an elected President to be President. I’m sure if you asked Joe to be specific, he’d default to “children in cages,” as most of my Facebook friends do, or maybe the mysterious Emoluments clause, which is what the “resistance” means when it says Trump is “enriching himself.”
Oh! I see! He’s threatening our values by “fanning the flames of hate.,’–this is pretty rich for a candidate in a party running on a pure “hate Trump” platform—“trying to take away your health care”-–is there anyone non-deranged who finds that to be a fair and true statement?—and “inviting the NRA into the Oval Office,” as if protecting the Second Amendment is the essence of evil.
Joe’s values-defending party, meanwhile, just voted to allow doctors to let newborn babies just die if their mothers had intended them to be aborted. No “core values” violated there!
The text in the material harps on Biden’s gun control efforts above all, ending with a promise to “strengthen background checks”—which have nothing to do with most shootings, unless we go the unconstitutional “pre-crime” route, taking away the rights of law-abiding citizens who suffer from emotional problems—and “get weapons of war out of communities and schools.” The last is fatuous grandstanding, meaning nothing. The whole piece is pitched at gullible, ignorant, knee-jerk hysterics.
Good endorsement there, Amy.