I’m hoping to get this posted while I’m simultaneously preparing for a three-hour legal ethics seminar for CLE credit sponsored by the D.C. Bar. Zoom seminars are grueling, and they remove my major asset, which is facilitating lively discussions about various ethical dilemmas. Participants just don’t talk, and for all I know they are watching porn.
Incidentally, if you haven’t seen “Host,” you should. It’s a horror film about a Zoom meeting that goes really, really wrong. And its less than half as long as the seminar I’m about to do.
1. And speaking of horror…What the hell?
This is D.C. Comic’s new, politically correct, non-sexually objectified, woke Wonder Woman. Why can’t a plus sized woman in mom jeans be a super-hero, the artist asks. Well of course she can, just as a fat ,flabby, bald , half-shaven, acne-suffering man can be Spiderman, if he gets bitten by the right arachnid. There is nothing wrong with idealized heroes, however. No matter how much the feminists try to brainwash little girls, Fat Barbie is never going to be a thing.
I hate to be conspiracy-minded, but chunky, A-cup Diana Prince reeks of Maoist cultural brain-washing. It’s suicidal virtue-signaling by D.C., who are deliberately alienating WW’s teenage male fans, who will not get excited about a Wonder Woman movie starring Rosie O’Donnell, no matter how progressive that is.
2. And now, the rest of the story…When we last left Liberty University President and Chancellor Jerry Falwell, Jr., he had taken a leave of absence after the Evangelical leader inexplicably posted a photo of himself with his arm around a young woman who wasn’t his wife, showing both of them with their pants unzipped. This week he resigned his position with the school hours after another scandal broke. (Marshall’ First law Of Unethical Celebrities: “There is always another shoe.”) According to Reuters, Falwell had his wife sleep with one of his business business partners while he watched. Kinky!
3. Is it racist to exclude a juror who states that she will vote to acquit any black defendant regardless of the evidence? A Prosecutor asked potential juror who had written on her jury questionaire, “I support Black Lives Matter,” if she supported “destroying other people’s property.” Reed said no. Nonetheles the prosecutor used a peremptory strike to remove Reed from the jury for the 2016 trial.
The ex-juror told The Marshall Project (no relation!), “I felt targeted It was a life-changing experience for me, personally. And I still talk about it to this day. I tell my kids about it. Not to scare them but to make them aware.”
The legitimacy of using Reed’s support for Black Lives Matter to remove her as a juror will be considered by a California appeals court in the coming months. Lawyers for the defendants in the double-murder trial say the decision to remove Reed violated the U.S. Constitution’s ban on excluding prospective jurors based on race.
4. This clearly proves all police are vandals. In New Jersey, two Asbury Park police officers admitted that they vandalized a pair of cars as revenge against their owner, a man who had filed an internal affairs complaint against them, The ex-cops pleaded guilty to fourth-degree criminal mischief and and may not seek or accept any future public employment in the state.
This sort of thing does not help. [Pointer: valkygrrl]
5. From the “Able to dish it out but unable to take it” files: I don’t hold it against comics if they are jerks, for the most part. They usually are. If they are fair and funny, and don’t take themselves too seriously, I can forgive almost anything. BUT…
When the town of Danbury, Connecticut, named their sewage plant “The John Oliver Memorial Sewer Plant.” because, officials said, it was full of crap just like the HBO comic, Oliver thrw an epic, and unfunny, hissy-fit.
“If you are going to forget a town in Connecticut, why not forget Danbury because, and this is true, fuck Danbury,” Oliver ranted on “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.“ he continued.
“Danbury Connecticut can eat my whole ass. I know exactly three things about Danbury:USA Today ranked it the second-best city to live in in 2015, it was once the center of the American hat industry, and if you’re from there, you have a standing invite to come get a thrashing from John Oliver, children included, fuck you.”