Now THIS is “blood on their hands!
Three people were shot overnight in Kenosha, Wisconsin in the third straight night of “mostly peaceful protests,” aka “rioting and looting” in response to a police shooting which may have been completely justified. Two of last night’s shooting victims died. Meanwhile, the mobs damaged and burned buildings and businesses around the city. Here’s a car lot torched by the “peaceful protesters”:
As we have seen with the George Floyd mob rule and before that, the riots in Atlanta (over the similarly ambiguous Wendy’s shooting), Ferguson (Mike Brown) and Baltimore (Freddie Gray), this damage to innocent people and their businesses is being “justified”—in truth, nothing could justify it—as a reaction to racism and police brutality when neither have been demonstrated by an investigation. But as we have seen, Facts Don’t Matter, and due process for cops doesn’t exist. Eager to disrupt society and seize power as supine politicians snivel, opportunistic revolutionaries along with some well-meaning but misguided activists, are savaging a community and causing far more damage than the original incident, based on supposition, bias, and raw emotion.
Other than the rioters themselves, these are the responsible individuals and organizations:
- The anonymous cell phone videographer, who deliberately edited out the firs part of the sequence that led to the police shooting of Jacob Blake.
- Tony Evers, the clownish Democratic Governor of Wisconsin, who sicced Black Lives Matter mobs on Kenosha by incriminating police without having any information other than the fact that there was a police shooting, how many shots were fired, and the race of the victim. The results were completely predictable, and his statements approached negligent homicide.
- The mainstream news media, which continues to try to deny that the violence being perpetrated by the Black Lives Matter-antifa alliance is violence. This tweet by the Times is the essence of Rationalization #64, “It isn’t what it is,” as well as a Jumbo: “Violence? What violence?” I honetly thought this was a Babylon Bee gag when I saw it:
Yup, those fires just came on the scene and ruined those peaceful marches!
Here’s another smoking gun. CNN displayed a chyron during “The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer.” that read, “8PM Curfew Ordered After Violent Protests Over Police Shooting Of Unarmed Black Man In Wisconsin.” About 15 seconds later, CNN scrubbed “violent,” so the scroll read, “8PM Curfew Ordered After Protests Over Police Shooting Of Unarmed Black Man In Wisconsin.”
- Black Lives Matter leaders, who are directly inciting violence. Here’s a recent exhortation:
- Every mayor who has authorized Black Lives Matter-supporting art and public signs, every business and sports organization that has meekly signaled complicity with a violent, racist movement, every cynical politician who panders for the worst of the African American vote by making excuses for vandals, arsonists and criminals, and pledging support for their “cause.”
- Irresponsible celebrities who have declared the Kenosha police guilty or racism and brutality without due process or facts. Here, for example, is LeBron James, who knows nothing about what happened in Kenosha, nothing about how police are trained, yet used his outsized influence among black Americans, especially the young, to blather,
“I know people get tired of hearing me say it but we are scared as a Black people in America. Black men, Black women, Black kids, we are terrified….There were multiple moments where if they wanted to, they could’ve tackled him. They could’ve grabbed him. They could’ve done that. Why does it always have to get to a point where we see the guns firing and his family is there and the kids are there.”
It doesn’t, you idiot. It doesn’t get to that point if people cooperate with police like responsible citizens instead of resisting, fighting, trying to flee and reaching for objects that an officer might think is a weapon.
And tackling worked out so well for Eric Garner, didn’t it?
These people and organizations ought to be held accountable for the deaths, property damage, destruction of lives and national chaos that they have enabled with their reckless words and irresponsible conduct.