This embarrassing episode is res ipsa loquitur, but I’m going to rant about it a bit anyway while I duct tape my head back together, beginning with, “What an IDIOT!”
- This guy is an ordained Methodist minister, and yet he doesn’t know that “amen” isn’t English, and has nothing to do with gender. Unless…
- …he just thinks progressives are ignorant, and will get happy shivers down their woke little spinse over such blatant political correctness grandstanding even if it makes no sense.
- After all, newly re-elected Speaker Pelosi just introduced new House rules with more gender pandering, in a 45-page package that will be voted on today. It demands that all House business escew gender-specific pronouns and terms such as “man,” “woman,” “mother” and “son.”
- But if Cleaver thought he was following that nonsense, he should have just ended the prayer with “a.”
- How can voters respect a clown like this? Cleaver has represented Missouri’s 5th congressional district, for 15 years, and yet its residents never noticed that you can see the sky through the giant hole in his head?
- How can the American public respect a legislative body that has members this stupid? How can it respect a government that is led by such boobs?
- One answer to the questions above is that the mainstream media won’t report the episode. CBS, ABC, CNN and NBC have ignored it so far, as has the New York Times, Washington Post and NPR. Fox News, as usual, is the only exception, once again demonstrating why the network is valuable despite its extensive flaws. Without one major news source determined to report news unhelpful to Democrats, things like Cleaver’s beclowning would routinely be buried.
- Of course, exploiting a prayer to pick up cheap gender-pandering points from mouth-breathers is also disrespectful to the purpose Cleaver was allegedly serving, a blessing on the House.
- Maybe this will be the subject of the next edict from Pelosi. All words including “men” must be paired with new, gender inclusive words substituting “women.” Elewomentary school! Womental illness! “That’s Entertainwoment!”
In honor of Cleaver, let’s break out my favorite “Blazing Saddled” clip for the first time in the new year: