The mainstream news media and progressive gaslighting aficionados were shocked–-shocked!—when habitually left-biased and incompetent NBC talking head Chuck Todd went on Democratic propaganda organ MSNBC and revealed that the most recent NBC poll showed public trust and regard for President Biden and Democrats plummeting like Icarus.
What was shocking wasn’t that Biden was polling horribly, but that he was polling so horribly that MSNBC would report it. Not only are polls unrelaible at best, they are manipulated to confuse and mislead the public by left-biased media contractors (only the Fox News polling is showing Terry McAuliffe trailing Glenn Youngkin in Virginia, for example, which he is, and badly). Moreover, the news media routinely buries or misrepresents polls that carry bad portents for Democrats.
The poll found that 42% of U.S. adults surveyed approved of Biden’s job performance and 54% disapproved, despite a 49%-48% split as recently as August. The survey was conducted jointly by Hart Research Associates and Public Opinion Strategies.
1. The real shocker is not that 42% of U.S. adults approve of Biden’s performance, but that it is that much. How is that possible? I know that some studies indicate that 40% of the American public can’t read adequately, and about half have an IQ in double digits, but what in the world could 42% approve of? They like inflation? They like mobs of Wuhan-carrying illegals storming the border? They are glad all those Americans are trapped in Afghanistan? They enjoy hearing a President babble incoherently? They think it’s great that the Biden selection to keep our transportation running and our supply chain functioning took two months off during a crisis? They view rising murder rates as a boon? What? What is it that they approve of?
2. Oh, I know. (I just like running that clip…)They approve of the fact that he’s a Democrat, and that he’s not Donald Trump, and if the country falls apart in chunks, it doesn’t matter to them. They are incompetent citizens, and the bane of democracy. I know. It still amazes me.
3. This isn’t all Biden’s fault, or even mostly his fault. Yes, he accepted a job of great importance and responsibility that he is completely incapable of doing adequately, and that’s unethical, except that Joe has always been in that twilight fog of the Dunning-Kruger effect: he was too dim to know how dim he was even before dementia started creeping up on him.This is when responsible family members are supposed to gently explain, “Joe, we have to take your license to drive away, you can’t speak in public any more, and we’re hiring a Visiting Angel.”
Joe, however, has no responsible family members. Dr. Jill, like many First Ladies before her, is blinded by her own ambition. Hunter Biden lives off of influence peddling: he wouldn’t care if dad was locked in a terrarium, as long as he had a title that made Hunter a desirable conduit.
4. The Democratic Party is the real ethics villain here. I mistakenly wrote that they couldn’t win an election on hate, but they did. What I should have written was that winning an election on hate isn’t winning, and in the end, it will be a disaster. With everything coming down around their ears, Democrats are still trying to justify being in power on hate: here in Virginia, McAuliffe’s ads would make a vistior from Mars think Donald Trump was his opponent. They knew Biden wasn’t qualified to be President. He had made that clear a decade ago. Now, he was an even less qualified candidate. His brain cells were dropping like flies. In the wake of a supposed epiphany on sexual harassment, he was addicted to groping any women within reach, and did it in front of photographers. It was obvious that Barack Obama had contempt for him. Biden was rambling and incoherent in debates; he looked (and looks) spent. They nominated him anyway. They risked the nation’s welfare because they thought an declining incompetent was their best shot at exploiting their base’s drooling hatred of Donald Trump. They even magnified their cynicism by saddling Joe with a useless, giggling, Vice-President chosen because of her skin shade and reproductive organs.
5. The news media did its utmost to shield Biden from public awareness of reality, of course. I’m getting as sick of writing about our unethical media as you must be of reading about it.
6. In the end, though, it was the irresponsible public that elected Biden. It was an incompetent, irresponsible abdication of civic duty, and this is true even without considering the fact that his party has exhibited all the signs of a dangerous cult that is hostile to the idea of America and to individual rights.
As a consequence, the public deserves everything that happens to it and to the nation it has proven unworthy of—even though what happens to them happens to me. Maybe Americans can learn from the disasters to come, and be lucky enough to get a second chance. The U.S. has always been lucky before. Eventually, however, good luck isn’t enough.