“What? Am I — a seeker of truth — just supposed to add it all up and divide by 2?”
—-Blogger Ann Althouse, stating nicely in her eccentric way what Ethics Alarms has been pointing out repeatedly….
…most recently in this post. Or this one. That being that there are no trustworthy news sources. None. And since there are none, a democracy that depends on an informed electorate has no way for the electorate to become informed. The news media, and journalists, are 100% responsible for this. It is deliberate, and that is why designating then as “enemies of the people,” while impolitic, is fair and informative.
Here is what Ann found that led to her question above:
Here‘s the list of the top political stories at Real Clear Politics this morning:
- “Uncovering Obama’s Surveillance of His Political Opponents” Lee Smith, NY Post
- “Why Trump Is Peddling Extra-Strength Conspiracy Theories” Jack Shafer, Politico
- “Judge Sullivan’s Bizarre, Politicized Order Is a Travesty”” Andrew McCarthy, NRO
- “Obamagate Is a Distraction From Bad News About Covid” Oliver Darcy, CNN
- “Was California Special Election Beginning of Red Wave?”Mollie Hemingway, Federalist
- “4 Reasons Opening Up Businesses May Backfire–and Soon” Brian Resnick, Vox
- “Comparing Florida and New York Looks Bad for Cuomo Deroy Murdock, FOX News
- “10 Protections That Should Be in Next Aid Package” Sen. Warren & Rep. Khanna, CNN
- “Forget Pelosi’s Boondoggle Bill–Take Taxes to Zero Instead” Steve Cortes, RCP
- “Trump’s ‘I’m Rubber, You’re Glue’ Campaign Plan” Peter Nicholas, The Atlantic
- “Trump’s Odds of Winning Are Higher Than You Think” Eric Levitz, New York Magazine
- “Stephanopoulos Just Wants the Tara Reade Story to Go Away” John Nolte, Breitbart…
And so on.
Ann’s complete list is at the link.