Here are the results of a Reader’s Digest poll of “over a thousand” citizens to determine who Americans trust, ranked #1 through #100.
A few observations:
1. I want to kill myself.
2. The first four people on the list are movie actors, about whose true character Americans know next to nothing.
3. I refuse to believe that a significant number of those polled knew the high-ranking medical researchers and prize-winning economists by name, and if they did, they were only vaguely familiar with their work, not their character.
4. The fact that Dr. Oz is in the top 20 is frightening. In fact, the predominance of TV medical personalities generally is frightening.
5. Noam Chomsky???
6. NOAM CHOMSKY???
7. No news media personality belongs within the first 1000….especially Brian Williams, who cracks the top 30.
8. Judge Judy outranked Justice Ginsberg
9. NOAM CHOMSKY???
10. OK, quick, now: how many of you believe that the average American has any idea who Rabbi Arthur Schneier is? Was the sample 1000 randomly chosen NBC-watching liberal Jewish MD economists?
11. Hillary Clinton is #51. They must be using a definition of “trust” that I am unfamiliar with.
12. Adam Sandler appears before any elected official, including President Obama
13. Pat Sajak, Steve Harvey and Alex Trabeck—game show hosts— rank higher than any elected official other than the President…
14. ..because no other elected official makes the list at all!
15. Dr. Phil, a fake doctor, makes the list.
- If the list is accurate, we’re doomed.
- It’s an incredible survey, and not to be believed.