“Stop being mad all the time. Stop, stop, stop just hatin’ all the time.”
–—President Obama at a campaign appearance, referring to the Republican House of Representatives.
This may be the most unethical statement I have ever heard any President say, to any one, ever….
1. It is undignified. A President of the United States should be talking like Little Bow Wow. He degrades the office and embarrasses himself, even if he is too narcissistic to realize it.
2. It is divisive, and intended to be, suggesting that opposition to his policies are based on hate, rather than principled disagreement.
3. For that reason, it is implied race-baiting, as “hatred” for this President is always paired with racism.
4. It is insulting and uncivil to elected officials who are also doing their jobs as they see them. To suggest that they are motivated by anger and hatred is dirty politics, despicable for any leader, deplorable for a President.
5. It is dishonest. The statement mischaracterizes serious Constitutional issues, miseducates gullible, low-information voters, and promotes useful ignorance.
6. It unfairly represents dissent as personal, though this may well be how this amateurish, desperate and confused man sees his adversaries, because he incapable of perceiving his own weaknesses and mistakes, or accepting accountability.
7. It is infantile and idiotic. No American should have to hear his or her nation’s leader talking like a junior high school student. That’s terrifying.