The The GOP accidentally released a statement congratulating Pence on his victory in last night’s Vice-Presidential candidates debate about two hours before the debate started.
1. The Washington Post’s Chris Cillizza mentioned the embarrassing release but brushed it aside as “sausage-making.” No, the word for it is lying. The statement implies that someone actually “fact-checked” what had not taken place when that was obviously impossible….unless, of course, the GOP really has a time machine.
2. Does anyone believe this junk? They must, or nobody would issue it. Thus it is intentional deception.
3. It also shows how incompetent the Republican Party is that this lie would be released before the debate. But we knew that...
4. Apparently Pence did win the debate, mostly because of Kaine’s obnoxious performance and the blatant bias of the moderator. You don’t think…?
5. The really depressing thing is that so many journalists and voters also decided who won the debate before it occured.