This story would be a KABOOM, except for some reason my head didn’t explode, perhaps because at some level I expected something like this, as I know that anti-gun zealots are without shame or common sense.
Students across the nation walked out of school Wednesday in honor of the victims of the Parkland shooting last month, including a group of New London kindergarteners….While people involved in the walkout involving a group of 5-year-olds at Harbor Elementary School said the demonstration was about school safety, student safety and parent permission have been called into question.
…New London Interim Superintendent Dr. Stephen Tracy said he didn’t have a problem with the safety message, but he and the principal didn’t know about the march ahead of time and there was no written permission from parents. “When you’re going to do something like that, in connection with something that, let’s face it, is controversial, you need to seek the approval of the principal and the parents before you involve 5-year-olds in something like that,” Tracy said.
…Harbor Elementary’s crossing guard Joyce Powers said she saw the children escorted in two lines by teachers who were carrying signs that read “enough.” “I thought it was pushing it with that age group,” Powers said. “I don’t think they understood what was actually happening.”
Tracy said he’s talked to the two teachers involved but would not say if any disciplinary measures were taken.
- Can we say THIS is an example of children being used as props in the anti-gun left’s attempt to exploit the Parkland shooting to the maximum extent?
I think we can.
- There is no question that the 5-year-olds were less safe having left the classroom than they were in it.
The teachers didn’t care, apparently.
- Children were made part of a political demonstration without the permission of their parents. It should not matter whether the parents agreed or did not agree with the ant-gun rights message.
Never mind: it is unethical to use children as political props whether the parents approve or not.
- The teachers and parents quoted elsewhere in the news story used the deceptive euphemism “safety drill” to describe the demo9nstration. That is a lie. What did that “Enough” sign mean—enough safety? And what a coincidence that a “safety drill” just happened to be held when older students were skipping class to protest the existence of guns and the Second Amendment!
Here’s what this was: an unconscionable use of toddlers to stand for political issues they can’t possibly understand.
- One nice thing about zealots who believe that the ends justify the means is that they almost always expose their true, ethics-free character by not knowing where the ethics lines get too thick to cross without undermining a cause.
This was an example of that phenomenon.
- The high school protesters funded by Democratic anti-gun activists and the kindergarten protest organized by teacher ideologues who care more about their political agenda than their young charges differ only in age and degree of ignorance. Both groups are being exploited and indoctrinated, and neither group should be treated as respectable participants in the policy debate.
Pointer: Jazz Shaw