I need inspiration today…
1. No, this isn’t it…The Idiot Air Traveler. At a certain point, extreme stupidity is unethical. In China, a Xiamen Airlines passenger opened the emergency exit door of the aircraft as the plane was preparing to take off because she felt the cabin was “too stuffy” and wanted “a breath of fresh air.” She was arrested, and the incident caused the flight to be delayed an hour. How stupid and ignorant does someone have to be to do this? Wouldn’t you say this is signature significance indicating idiocy? Would you hire someone who did this even once? Allow her to take care of your children? Trust her with sharp objects? Allow her to buy a ticket for another plane trip?
2. Nor this.. New York City intentionally violates the Constitution. It is now against the law in New York City to threaten to call immigration authorities on someone or refer to them as an “illegal alien” when “motivated by hate.” A 29-page directive released by City Hall’s Commission on Human Rights announces fines of up to $250,000 per offense for, among other things, “the use of certain language, including ‘illegal alien’ and ‘illegals,’ with the intent to demean, humiliate, or offend a person.” Mocking people because of their accents or grasp of English is also a crime now in the Big Apple. So is threatening to call ICE.
“In the face of increasingly hostile national rhetoric, we will do everything in our power to make sure our treasured immigrant communities are able to live with dignity and respect, free of harassment and bias,” said Carmelyn Malalis, the agency’s commissioner.
Maybe the whole set of new regulations isn’t unconstitutional, but the ones focused on “hate speech” certainly are. The city is simply declaring its contempt for the First Amendment with this stunt.
3. I guess this is kind of inspiring...When it pays to be trans. The old Saturday Evening Post used to have a feature called “The Perfect Squelch,” regaling its readers with a witty comeback or rejoinder that left an adversary defeated and demoralized. It wouldn’t have printed this one, but I can’t imagine a better example of the genre. This is Faye Kinley…
…a British lass who was visually assaulted by a creep she had met briefly who, unsolicited, sent her a “dick-pic” via Facebook with the original line, “Hey girl, you are so sexy.!” What the jerk did not know is that Faye was born biologically male and is currently transitioning to full womanhood, but is not quite all the way there.
So she answered the dick-pic with one of her own…a much more impressive one. Perfect. Would that all assholes could be so easily punished.
4. This inspires ME, because I flagged Move-On.org as partisan, dishonest phonies right from the start…In 1998 the advocacy group was allegedly founded to urge Congress to “move on” from impeachment and address “pressing issues facing the nation.” This is Move-On today:
Belonging to this group has always been smoking gun evidence of a lack of integrity, intelligence, or civic literacy. It’s like belonging to the Westboro Baptist Church, the North American Man-Boy Love Association, or the Alec Baldwin Fan Club. I suspect some long-time friends of being supporters of Move-On, but I haven’t asked about it because they’re nice people, and I don’t want to lose 90% of my respect for them.
5. Speaking of the Westboro Baptists, this is inspiring…Olathe, Kansas is considering an LGBTQ non-discrimination ordinance. (I find it amazing that it is taking so long to universally prohibit employment and public accommodations discrimination based on sexual orientation.) A12-year-old boy being raised by a lesbian couple spoke during the public comments, saying in part, “I just don’t understand why if I’m with my mothers and we decide to go to a restaurant to eat, that we can be denied access and have to eat somewhere else.” The Westboro Baptist Church, aka “Phelpsians,” decided to harass child—remember, “God Hates Fags” is their gospel—and announced that they would be protesting outside his school the next day.
When the diminished remains of the hate group arrived at Frontier Trail Middle School, they were faced with a much larger group of counter-protesters from the community. They did have some support though: Satan and Thanos, the genocidal warlord of the Marvel Comic Book Universe (for you culturally illiterate out there), on hand there to cheer the Phelpsians on.
Satan, of course, plans on meeting all of the members in due course.