1. Incompetent headline dept. Someone at a newspaper has to be alert enough to catch a risible headline like this:
A Great Tit is the pretty bird above.
2. Who believes that MSNBC didn’t know this? (I don’t.) MSNBC was shocked—shocked!—to discover that the Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Jom Meacham, who had been a regular on MSNBC’s 24-7 anti-Trump barrage, never told them that he was working for the Joe Biden team. on speeches, including his victory address. Meacham appeared on MSNBC following the speech to comment on the speech he had written but didn’t disclose to viewers that the speech he loved cane from his own laptop as he said, “Tonight marks — the entire election results mark — a renewal of an American conversation where we’re struggling imperfectly to realize the full implications of the Jeffersonian promise of equality,” said Meacham. “It’s taken us too long, our work has been bloody and tragic and painful and difficult and, Lord knows, it is unfinished, but at our best we try.”
MSNBC announced that due to this “discovery. Meacham would no longer be a paid contributor, but he would be welcome to appear on future panels, thus showing the high regard for integrity for which the network is famous. If Meacham lied to MSNBC and its viewers while withholding a crucial conflict of interest, why would he be allowed back on the air in any capacity? Why would anyone trust him?
I believe that MSNBC knew that Meacham was working for Democrats while he was bashing Trump. And this is yet another example of how unprofessional the profession of historian has become.
3. In related news, New York Magazine has fired conservative-bashing legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin, aka The Mad Zoom Masturbator, but CNN just can’t make up its mind whether to keep Toobin as a paid on-air analyst after the embarrassing episode “cools down.” Again, why would anyone care what an analyst thinks who has shown such head-explodingly bad judgment, disrespect for the workplace and colleagues, and juvenile instincts?
4. Making people who trust you more ignorant is still unethical even if you’re an idiot yourself. Ridiculous celebrity “influencer” Alyssa Millano told her 3.7 million Twitter followers that “The Trump admin is legally required to begin the transition process now that Joe Bide is the winner and other federal officials need to begin the legally mandated transition process now! It’s irresponsible to stall as the pandemic rages on!”
This is all untrue: Biden is not yet “the winner,” The President is not legally obligated to begin any process as long as there are disputes over the election results and the terms of The Presidential Transition Act of 1963, the Presidential Transitions Effectiveness Act of 1998. the Presidential Transition Act of 2000, and the Presidential Transitions Improvements Act of 2015, the laws establishing the formal mechanisms of Presidential transitions, kick in.
Alyssa could have researched this before sending out misinformation, but as her delusion that any of it has anything to do with the pandemic amply demonstrates, she’s an irresponsible fool.
5. If only there were some way for responsible citizens to find out what candidates stood for…Feminist author Naomi Wolf is not an idiot, but she actually tweeted out this:
If I’d known Biden was open to ‘lockdowns’ as he now states, which is something historically unprecedented in any pandemic, and a terrifying practice, one that won’t ever end because elites love it, I would never have voted for him.
Gee, Naomi, were you also unaware of all of the photos showing Joe sexually harassing women and girls?
6. On a related topic: A new post-election poll from the Media Research Center, conducted by McLaughlin & Associates, shows 36 percent of Biden voters were NOT aware of the evidence linking Joe Biden to corrupt financial dealings with China through his son Hunter. Thirteen percent of these voters (or 4.6% of Biden’s total vote) say that had they known these facts, they would not have voted for the former Vice President.
Good job, Facebook, Twitter, mainstream media! It worked!
7. Because the ends justify the means…New York Times columnist Tom Friedman told Chris Cuomo on CNN this morning that he hopes “everybody moves to Georgia in the next month or two, registers to vote, and votes for these two Democrat senators.”
This would be illegal, but never mind. Democratic Presidential candidate Andrew Yang also endorses fraud, tweeting,
“There should be coordination of resources. Everyone who campaigned for Joe should get ready to head to Georgia. I’ll go. It’s the only way to sideline Mitch and give Joe a unified government. There isn’t much time. The earliest date for absentee ballots to be mailed for the runoff is Nov. 18. The registration deadline is Dec. 7. The In-person early voting begins Dec. 14.”
Why would anyone suspect Democrats of steeling an election? So suspicious! So paranoid!
Or as Scott Adams tweeted today.
43 thoughts on “Wednesday Ethics Windstorm,11/11/20: Liars, Knaves, Fools And Birds”
Sorry for getting the day wrong, and thanks to Sarah for flagging it quickly…
Aaaaaand it’s past midnight, so much for any mention of veteran’s day.
Entirely my fault. When the mail and trash pick-up occurred , I concludes this wasn’t a gov. holiday, and that Veteran’s Day would be celebrated next Monday. But it’s not one of those holidays. Our bank was no help, since it’s been shut down for months.
I also thought it was Tuesday all day.
Tuesday was the second most important U.S. birthday after independence day.
it’s okay we don’t really expect to not be used to score points in some game or other….just glad to be of service…..enjoy
1. Maybe some juvenile-minded editor caught it, but decided to leave it in for laughs from the crowd who still thought Beavis and Butthead were funny.
2. Of course they knew, they just didn’t give a damn.
3. Maybe they think that, like Paul Reubens, he should be given another chance?
4. In other news the sky is blue. Sorry for the sarcasm, Jack, but anyone who follows this site knows already that Alyssa is nothing more than a vacuous, silicon-filled starlet-who-was.
5. She probably neither knew nor cared, because she didn’t bother to look. In the meantime an acquaintance on fb pulled a bunch of pictures of Trump doing the same kind of thing, as if to say it made Joe doing it perfectly ok.
6. Hehe, the Harry Reid lesson has been learned well.
7. (shrug) Because the Movement, you know…
Actually I think I have more to say on that last point #7. This behavior alone should tell you what the Democratic Party has become. It’s not about the will of the people. It’s not about playing by the rules. It’s not even about what’s best for the country. It’s about getting their party into power, maximizing that power, and keeping that power. It’s also about carrying out personal vendettas against those who have gotten in the way of that power in the past. Do we really want a government where the people in power all talk like graduate students and act like they’re in the Mafia?
More importantly, do we want a government that says it serves all the people, but really serves only Manhattan, Hollywood, and Silicon Valley? I’m a half-coastie, half-rural, and when I am in rural PA, I have to say, the people of those areas don’t like government interference in their lives. They’d be just fine if the only reminders of government were the mailman delivering the mail once a day, the game warden stopping by once a year to make sure everything is ok with their hunting gear, and those pesky tax bills that they grumble about, but still pay. They are unlikely to react well to a president who enters office under questionable circumstances leaning on them.
I think that is behind Naomi Wolf’s tweet. She is trying to distance herself for what she knows is about to come and the backlash from a large percentage of the population. Biden has already been negotiating a ‘return to normal trade relations’ with foreign nations and has hinted he wants more foreign wars. Add a lockdown to that to complete the Democratic Party’s ‘New Model City’ program in many of our cities and you could have some upset people.
The hell with that. I’ve got an arsenal, old but still serviceable (WW2 era weapons are not tracked like modern ones), lots of ammo, and a house way the hell out in the country with five empty acres where no one will ever come around asking questions.
1) These headlines are intentional. They aren’t “missed” by the grown ups. Same as the periodic “Uranus is full of gas” style headlines.
Or “the space stations that circle Uranus.” 😀
Or Uranus Fudge Factory.
Or Stool Factory?
Fire the AFT torpedo tube!
2) He’s easy fodder to sacrifice. Hopefully someone will do one of those network diagrams for Biden like they did for the Obama administration, showing how high ranking members of the cabinet and bureaucracy were also married to various media heads or were the brother or sister of various industry heads, etc.
6) Citizens should be getting the pitchforks and torches ready and should be stretching in preparation for marching on all the major media outlets.
This has gotten ridiculous in our republic.
It’s a dark, dark morning for the Witherspoon psyche, the optimist in me is completely suppressed right now and the pessimist in me is in full control.
There are so many openly anti-Constitutional, anti-American, anti-freedom, anti-civility and anti rule of law things being done and said by political leaders and common citizens across the USA and it’s been going on for so long now that I really am to the point that I truly and actually believe that all the societal signs are showing us that the United States of America is on it’s way towards some form of totalitarian styled socialism/communism and it will likely happen in my lifetime. It’s now become politically correct, a social norm and in some places it’s to be expected to be anti-Constitution, anti-American, anti-Democracy, anti-republic, anti-rule of law, anti-civility, anti we’re in this together, etc; the foundations of the USA have all been undermined in the psyche of a huge swath of the public; I think we’re done. Biden’s statement’s about unity, Republicans are not our enemies and working together in peace are a rhetorical smoke screen from an empty suit puppet of the extreme political left. Republicans or anyone that opposes the far left’s rise to power are being shunned as a social outcasts, they will be the USA equivalent to the Jews in Germany in the 1930’s. What form of Scarlet Letter do you think the left’s opposition (half of the voting population) will be forced to display on their clothing? They’ve been projecting their recruiting methods for a while now, if you’re not actively and publicly advocating for their side then you are a racist, you’re either pro them or you’re against them, there is no in middle ground.
What will the left they call their brown shirts and Nazi youth brigades?
Since the political left’s way has shown to be that it’s their way or the highway, the only thing that will turn this around is either limited armed insurrection or full blown civil war. At this point looking forward I truly believe that the political right will either be forced to lay down their arms or they will be forced to use them – I really do think it’s inevitable.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m really not advocating for war of any kind, in fact I hope we can turn the tables on this and put a sudden stop to the far left’s extremist goals for another hundred years or more, I just don’t see how it can be accomplished. Hope is dead.
Maybe a couple of cups of coffee will lift this morning’s veil of darkness and improve the psyche.
It is a dark time…
If a full blown civil war is what it takes, so be it.
“What will the left they call their brown shirts and Nazi youth brigades?”
Well, they used to call them the KKK. Now, they are called BLM and Antifa. You can find the Red Guards at every major university. Just watch what happens if Ben Shapiro comes to speak.
“…an empty suit puppet of the extreme political left.”
Really? My extreme political left friends laugh at this, as they believe that Biden and the rest of the Democratic Party as an institution betrayed the progressives (not to mention any who consider themselves leftist) in the party, even so far as saying that Sanders sold out. Biden is NOT extreme political left, nor is the party machinery working in that direction. My EPL (extreme political left) friends believe that both parties are actually the same except for the rhetoric.
There is no love lost between old school progressives and the lweadership of the political Left.
Have uyou read the Twitter thread?
So many people are actually supporting months-long lockdowns.
What is your ethics verdict for months-long lockdowns?
I bet you can guess.
You never finished Part 2 of the Pandemic Ethics Conflict.
Still in the works, believe it or not…
What has been the delay?
there are so many people who still want to continue lockdowns!
Now Joe Biden’s covid “expert” is advising us on the savings rate and the national debt and the economy: https://nypost.com/2020/11/11/biden-covid-19-advisor-says-us-could-manage-pandemic-with-lockdown/
These epidemiologists are polymaths! What’s taken us so long to realize they should have been running the country for years now?
Changing conditions, further thoughts, intervening crises…
One important thong to address is why these restrictiobs have persisted for so long, and why some countries in Europe are locking down again.
Do you need help collaborating?
Here is some material that may help.
It’s okay, Rahm Emmanuel’s brother Zeke thinks people shouldn’t live past 75 so Joe won’t get the vaccine when it comes out. Who needs the 25th Amendment. Let Covid do it!
How could Naomi Woolf not know Joe was all in on crippling the country? That’s preposterous.
3. “Again, why would anyone care what an analyst thinks who has shown such head-explodingly bad judgment, disrespect for the workplace and colleagues, and juvenile instincts?”
Alleging what Toobin did was a result of juvenile instincts is an unfair insult to young boys.
1–Reminds me of a 01/17/2011 Green Bay Press Gazette headline describing how Governor Tommy Thompson used his line-item veto power often:
Thompson’s Pen Is A Sword
A minor glitch; there was no space between Pen and Is.
I use a pencil because pen is envy.
How does “pencil dick” fit into this?
Just so long as there’s lead in it…
If the editors let that one go to be funny, that’s still a breach of ethics. Real newspapers are not supposed to be the Harvard Lampoon.
Which reminds me: the Harvard Crimson got in hot water when an art exhibit opening on the topic of human sexuality was promoted with a tasteful photo a man giving oral sex to a woman on the front page. By accident, the paper swore (it was the printer’s fault!), that photo just happened to land right over the headline, “New Cafeteria Opens At Radcliffe.”
Bu these were college students, not “professionals.”
Then there was the sign posted on the notice board in the college post office where people posted “wanted” and “for sale” signs to buy or sell books or share rides to various parts of the real world, etc: “Have two tats. Will trade.”
Re: No. 7; Georgian Residency Malefacta:
According to Georgia law, therequirements to needed to establish residency in Georgia for the purposes of registering to vote are contained in Title 21 of Georgia Codes.
Georgia Code Title 21. Elections § 21-2-216 provides,
(a) No person shall vote in any primary or election held in this state unless such person shall be:
(1) Registered as an elector in the manner prescribed by law;
(2) A citizen of this state and of the United States;
(3) At least 18 years of age;
(4) A resident of this state and of the county or municipality in which he or she seeks to vote; and
(5) Possessed of all other qualifications prescribed by law.Georgia law provides that it is a felony to either register to vote knowing one does not possess the qualifications for voting in Georgia (O.C.G.A. § 21‑2‑561) or to attempt to vote knowing one does not possess the qualifications for voting in Georgia (O.C.G.A. § 21‑2‑571). Those who are found to be in violation could subject themselves to prosecution.
Georgia requires a six-month residency in Georgia to be eligible to register. See, Georgia Code Title 21. Elections § 21-2-216(c).
So, we have major news people, actor, politicians openly encouraging voter fraud to win the senate seats for Democrats in that state in January. Great. Who cares about the Rule of Law because the ends justify the means.
I can’t remember who said calls for unity are really nothing more than demands for obedience to the Left.